Permanent Makeup for lips include an array of techniques including Lip Blushing, Lip Liner and Lipstick Color. Your permanent makeup specialist will choose the technique that is best suited for you after an in-person consultation based on your skin type, lifestyle, and skin texture. If you have already had permanent makeup for lips, please consult with our specialists to make sure you are a candidate for Permanent Lip Color.
Our goal is to make sure we provide the most natural results. We do try to steer clear of "trendy" styles so that your permanent makeup remains timeless for years to come. We strictly work on only the lips and cannot over-line them during this procedure. We will map your facial structure along with your lips to provide a new lip color look that heals safely and beautifully for YOU!
Benefits of Lip Blushing:
- Save time and money on your daily makeup routine
- Improve color along lip border where we naturally lose color and shape
- Improve asymmetry of the lips
- Natural, long-lasting results
- Waterproof and sweat-proof lip color!
- Minimal upkeep every few years
- Effective and safe
Preparing for Your Lip Blushing Appointment:
- If you have a history of cold sores or the herpes virus, you must see your primary care provider for an anti-viral prescription before your appointment. The anti-viral prescription from your doctor should be taken 5 days before and 5 days after your treatment.
- Stay hydrated on the inside and out! Dry or chapped lips will not accept or retain pigment properly. Keep your lips moisturized before your appointment for optimal results and a quicker healing process.
- Use a lip scrub 3 days before your appointment
- Bring your favorite lip gloss, lip tint or lipstick to your appointment! This will help your permanent makeup specialist know what colors and tones you are comfortable with having on your lips when choosing a shade for your treatment.
Lip Blushing Healing Process:
- The first 48-72 hours, you can expect the lips to be swollen, tender and rich in color. You may ice the area for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off as needed to soothe your lips.
- The first 48 hours, use your aftercare soap to cleanse the area after eating or drinking anything.
- The pigment will darken over the first 5 days as the scabs form.
- Scabbing can take up to 10 days to release
- Once your scabs fall off naturally, you should expect the color to lighten up to 50-70%.
- Your permanent lip color will take their final shape and color 4-6 weeks after your session.
- A touch up will be required as the final part of your permanent lip color between 4-8 weeks after your initial session. This is not included in your initial session price.
Lip Blushing Aftercare:
- Use aftercare soap after eating or drinking anything for the first 48 hours. After 48 hours, use morning and night to cleanse lips for 10 days.
- Apply healing balm often to ensure even release of scabs
- If your lips are feeling dry and tight, apply more balm to keep them moisturized.
- Do not wear makeup in or around the lips for 14 days.
- Let your scabs fall off naturally and do not rub or touch the area. Picking your scabs can prematurely pull the pigment out.
- Do not exercise or sweat excessively, use tanning beds, saunas or submerge lips in water for 14 days after treatment.
- Avoid using active skincare ingredients in or around the lip area.
- Avoid spicy, salty of acidic food for the first 2 days after your treatment for your own comfort.
- Be mindful of sleeping on your face and use a clean pillowcase.
- After your 14 day healing period is complete, you may wear balm, gloss and lipstick as desired.